PDA

View Full Version : Sales and Swaps?

Reasonable Rascal
08-23-03, 13:53
Is there interest in opening this forum to a sales and swaps model open to members to sell or trade medical and related items?

RR

tangent
08-23-03, 19:03
how about consignment too?

helps you
helps the board
etc.

-t

Reasonable Rascal
08-23-03, 23:12
That would be part of it, yes. Was in a hurry to get out the door when I posted the above.

RR

AGreyMan
08-24-03, 08:49
I think we can give it a trial run.

I would personally feel bad however, if this part of the forum discourages people from using RR's commercial site for their medical preparedness. He deserves our support.

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan

tangent
08-24-03, 09:22
that's why I was kind of pushing the consignments angle. If you are making money, it's only fair that the board and RR would see a little of that. I'm not talking about charging for adds, but a small percentage of the selling price when something is sold.

I also see a problem when someone is selling something that RR sells and RR loosing some of that business. That's a problem and I don't have a good solution other than to hope we have board loyalty here and that people would give RR first crack for comparable items.

If it's a trade - all bets are off. You're not making any money.

lets look at some other situations:

a business wants to list something. If RR doesn't sell it and having it available would benefit our community, why not? Yet, they may be a direct competitor and carry many items that RR does, not just list them here. That might be a problem if we are providing advertising for them.

what about the CD project? well, we are asking for donations and RR is not going to see any of those proceeds - though I would eventually like to clean them up a but (file sizes, tone them down a bit, etc) and let him handle distribution - getting a few dollars for that - but for now, he's seeing nothing.

classes, books and other resources: we list a lot of pointers here - and the board benefits, but no money goes into RR's pockets for this. Though he does indirectly benefit, as it's his board and it's a better board for those listings.

another case would be the OBGYN book from AU that RESQDOC announced. This is a unique item that is not otherwise available in the USA. To say that a board member can not benefit from something like that when we announce things like that all the time that non-board members will benefit from isn't fair. OTOH: if it was a common book, that RR could order from a distributor or link up w/ amazon sales and sell - that's more of a problem.

just some random thoughts... it's really up to RR, but I think the input from us is good.

any comments?

-t