I hope no one minds if I introduce myself. Since this is such an important forum, I thought it would be nice to know something about who we are taking advice from.

I am a stay at home mom of two. I am a physical therapist assistant. I have minimal first aid skills and some wound care skills from my occupation. In a survival situation, I would be the most preprared out of my family and friends, so I am trying to learn as much as possible. I am interested in aquiring more basic skills, and expanding my knowledge in women's health issues, "natural" remedies, pediatric care. I want to learn how to use easily obtainable drugs, and would like to learn something about what herbs would be best for me to grow. I am a very good student, and love reference books.

I am learning about general survival issues, and found this forum useful since it is specific to medicine. I am mentally preparing for the worst case scenario, that being my family's survival dependent on my skills and knowledge (and divine intervention)

So in brief, I have very basic knowledge of A & P with a concentation on the musculoskeletal system. Objectives are to learn as much about emergency medicine while stocking my supplies as possible.

Melinda