Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Introduction - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction

florganic Guest
    Hello all, I finally found time to vist this site and actually register!
    I live in North Florida, I am an LPN. I am interested in wild edibles, have just completed my Herbology certification , interested in ALL alternative healing modalities ie kinesology, theraputic touch, yoga,meditation. I do respect western medicine for its diagnostic modalities and a few other aspects :)
    I am also interested in homesteading,organic gardening,canning,cooking, living simply off the grid,camping, FRY BREAD, survival issues, and having friends like RR !!!!
    I came here to learn and share...let the posts begin !!!!!

It is about time you found the time. :D

Organic is indeed a friend of several years now, and a mean cook as well as also studied in alternative medicines. Hopefully we might induce her to impart some of her knowledge in that area from time to time. [hint, hint]

RR
    Knowledge shared is learning gained by both teacher and student.

Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you here! We'll let it slide, this time, that you know RR!!!:p ;) :-D

Hello all!

I've been lurking for a short time and tonight I finally signed up. I'm a Primary Care Paramedic in Ontario Canada with 13 years fulltime in the field. My main interest is Survival and Tactical Medicine. I believe in learning as much as possible and i'm always interested in learning something new.

Take care!
    gk

Talking

Glad to have you with us. I've friends who operate a service out of Sarnia, Transcare Medical. A Canadian perspective on EMS operations would be welcome.

RR
    Knowledge shared is learning gained by both teacher and student.

Hello and welcome!

Currently in central Indiana...

Dabble in medicine....
    10 years in the fire service
    8 years in military medicine
    finishing Physician Assistant school...

Hello

Guess I'll put my 2 cents in here. I'm from Missouri and do a lot of traveling, As a Truck driver. Have no formal medical training, but do have a small amount knowledge i have aquired over the years. Some from RR and others. Always looking to learn more.

Howdy!:)...Im a tore up(RSD in foot,dang cement truck stoped on top of my foot,right shoulder blown out) half a century old soon to be ex highway constructon worker/custom bike painter/shamanist type...caregiver for "the momster"...may i join you good people?

WR - surname sounds veeerrryy familiar... did you write "Bad Times Primer"?

welcome aboard!

-t
    When discussing the shelf life of Twinkies, the limiting factor is the life of the shelf.

If enough shit hits the fan, the blades stop rotating.

LOL...thanks again for letting me spend the evening here, great info! ....(have to ck on a "noise"...nothing like tracking at night after a fresh snowfall)

update emt-b

great news passed my practical exam today!!
    3 stations (long spine board, traction splint, trauma assessment)
    sorry I haven't been around busy studying

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <balloons drop, standing ovation - the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!>

-t

:bounce1:

;)

hmmm... we don't have the thumbs up smiley here...
    When discussing the shelf life of Twinkies, the limiting factor is the life of the shelf.

If enough shit hits the fan, the blades stop rotating.

Welcome aboard all! The more the merrier!

asbestosman: Congrats on passing the exam! That's great news! :)

Well, I am new here so thought I'd intro myself. I am an RN working in a small community hospital's ER and under duress cover the Special Care Unit when they are short on RNs. I am a diploma nurse with background working a big city Diabetic/renal unit and a Surgical floor. I am trauma nurse certified (TNCC), ACLS, and scheduled for the Pedi trauma and PALS. Work 12 hour night shifts so will be on the board at all sorts of bizzar times and will be missing for days at a time due to schedule (I just finished working 8 out of 9 nights) when I do nothing but work and sleep and care for the dogs.

Moved out to the country prior to Y2K and don't want to go back to the rat race. I have Alaskan Malamutes (in South Texas---thus the DustMusher).

Hope to be able to contribute some and learn more.

DustMusherRN