Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Trotting out the old dog....

Hello, Again all. I've been a member for a while, but figured I'd better reintroduce to prove I'm not a bot..... - Believe me, IF they made bots like me, they'd be not much of a threat..... Anyways, Live in Texas, Working 3 (or4) jobs at this time:
    1. Trauma Tech in a Level One Emergency Room - Level One = If it really stinks, we get it. Learn and Teach every shift I am there. Lots of IV's, NG tubes, Catheterizations, help the Docs, extra set of hands, etc...
    2. 911 - Ditch Doctor (EMT - Basic) lotsa fun, though I might be getting too old for that shit. Ya know? 51 is slower waking up at 4am for the mad dash to the headache x 4 days pt, etc etc.
    3. Emergency Response Crew Chief for a large Manufacturing Plant here, Do the high angle rescue, Confined space rescue, Haz Mat (Incident Commander) and Medical. This job pays the best and is the un-funnest....
    4. Occasional call taker in the Com Center.
    Wow.

Hi All,

I got the email, and didn't want to lose access to all the great info here. I read more than post since my only area of knowledge is midwifery. (Studying to become a homebirth midwife).

That and I don't have tons of time as my signature line will attest to.
    Wendi Mother of 10 (so far)

introduction

I am a 38 y.o. married male with two wonderful children. I have 4 y.o. daughter, and a 19 month old son. I am a mental health counselor, EMT-A, swiftwater rescue tech, amatuer radio tech, instructor for cave rescue, NASAR Search and Rescue Tech II, and love the outdoors. I hunt, fish and spend as much time outside as time will allow.

Howdy,

I have been mostly lurking on this forum for a few years. I am an interested observer rather than a trained professional. My interest in primarily in aquiring the necessary equipment and skill sets to survive a catastrophic emergency, either short or long duration.

My personal philosophy is that having the equipment and rudimentary knowledge is better than not having it if there is an emergency with no trained medical personel available.

$.02
    Rick

Resident lurker and info hound. I was a pharmacy techinician in a former life.

I got the email too, and decided I needed to say, I am not a bot.

Thanks to all of you that share your vast knowledge. I am not worthy.

Stan Ray checking in, AKA bulletcatchR on other forums.

I live on some land in the Driftless, I have no creds so I am here for the ride, sucking up what knowledge I can.
    When I was young I did whatever training I could get into, BSA, Explorers, I dove for a SCUBA recovery team, snagged all the inservice sessions I could at the FD. I quit my City job at 22 and enlisted for a couple years, at 30 I was finished with the world and hit the sticks and tried to live low out here. I have some very tight friends from my younger days, most are/were in the Med. field or military and still get together and train every now and then.

My wife is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, practicing in Spring Green and at the UW Comprehensive Care Clinic in Madison, she also works on K9s out of the Spring Green Animal Hospital.
    I have a small interest in Tie Ta Ke, "Hit Medicine" , to the extent of learning to prevent and take care of my own injuries. I also have been applying some medicine to my dogs over the years, massage, acupuncture, and linaments.

I host a rifle club with a range on my place and I'm pretty active with weapons training, so I have been working on re-assessing and building my immediate action medical skills. First responder response is decent where I live but paramedics and an ambulance are a good 15+minutes response. I took a skills class with ResQDoc as a refresher, I have put EMT on my list of training goals tho it is a low priority becuase the odds of me getting a job or enough opportunity to work a rig free are slim as things sit now. I would take another GMRS LTD class in a heartbeat tho!!!

CY6
    stanray

I got an email saying autobots were posting here and I wanted to see Optimus Prime....

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestryll
    I got an email saying autobots were posting here and I wanted to see Optimus Prime....

;)

http://atron21.tripod.com//sitebuild...pt_optimus.gif

We aim to please. So you aim too, please.

RR
    Knowledge shared is learning gained by both teacher and student.

Blue Flame Guest
    Like many others, it got the "put up or shut up" email.

I had not realized how long it had been since I visited. I guess it's appropriate that I broke my leg two days ago and needed to visit anyway.

Anyway, I'm from north Georgia. My "medical" background consists of current Red Cross First Aid training. So I can use all of the help I can get.

I can guarantee that I will be here more often in the future. Right now, I'm going to go do a search on broken bones....

Hi Gang, Long time, no see...

Wow, I got the email warning me I would be dropped and when I checked in I didn't realize it had been that long since I had last been here!! I knew I was keeping busy but just didn't realize how busy!!

So I would like to update my previous introduction. I have been working at a trade school teaching the medical assistant class (although I am getting a little burned out). Last year I completed a massage therapy program and now I am looking into getting back into the clinical arena. I'm would love to get in with a doctor who uses alternative/ complementary/integrative medicine. I just haven't decided yet if I am going to go for PA or holistic health practitioner. In the meantime, I have a lot to get caught up on!

(P.S. Thanks for the reminder email!)
    Buffalomary

To know how to do something, but never needing to do it,
    is better than needing to do something and not knowing how!

Blue Flame Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal
    http://atron21.tripod.com//sitebuild...pt_optimus.gif

We aim to please. So you aim too, please.

RR
    Linkee no workee.

Looks like you have an extra "/" after the .COM.

Hi,
    I just got the email. I am not a poster, but am a reader. Thank you all for such great info.
    Tim

Somehow I always thought Optimus was more.... butch...

http://atron21.tripod.com/sitebuilde...pt_optimus.gif

Howdy, folks! I, too, got the "post or else, slacker!" email, so here I am!

Though I've had some classes in wilderness survival and gun fu and whatnot, I've had little formal training in medicine, with CPR, basic first aid and the Bandaid portion of "AKs and Bandaids" that Paul Gomez, Jamie Jackson and Ian MacDevitt gave in Knoxville, TN this past March.

I was a CNA, CPR, etc--a lifetime ago.
    Lurking here helps me learn how to help my grandkids.