Thread: Glass IV bottles available

Glass IV bottles available

I ordered a batch of 20 and it came to under $20 with shipping. These are 300ml bottles with caps, but no hanger. You need a a 28mm crimper - not included, but I can picture a way to improvise that along w/ the hangers.

Additional info specific to these bottles:

fwd:
    You need a 28mm crimper.
    The caps are made by Sterling Winthrop. Seal, 28mm, Aluminum Blue Flip Off/Tear Off.

I have no association with this company, other than being a happy customer!

There are a number of document on making IV solutions (admixture production), including:

[FIP93] FIP, Guidelines for Small Scale Hospital Production of Large Volume Parental Fluids in Developing Countries, Federation International Pharmaceutique, Section of Hospital Pharmacists, 1993 FIP is currently revising this document and will be publishing a revised edition soon.

[IDA-nd] IDA, Small Scale Production of IV Fluids, 28p, n.d., International Dispensary Association, P.O. Box 3098, 1003 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

[JMHEBL_nd] JMHEBL, Production of Intravenous Fluids, The Joint Mission Hospital Equipment Board Limited, Ullswater Crescent, Coulsdon Surrey CR3 2HR (have not seen)

[Kamm95] Kamm, G. 1995., Manual for Decentralized Infusion Production, Moshi, Tanzania: Infusion Unit Project (have not seen)

[King73] King M, A medical Laboratory for Developing Nations, Oxford University Press, 1973, discusses sterilizing blood transfusion equipment.

[King86] King, M. (ed), Appendix A, Making Your Own Intravenous Fluids, p159-61 in “Primary Anesthesia”, 1986, Oxford University Press.

[Monson88] Monson, M. H., and P. E. Mertens. 1988. A system for making hospital solutions in the third world, tropical doctor, 18:54-59

[Roberts02] Roberts, S., A Guide to the Practice of Medicine Under Austere Conditions, 2nd edition, forthcoming. (Extracts from this publication were published on UseNet, I’m told that the revised edition will be published on the Web in the second half of 2002).

[Wilson93] Wilson, M., Osmotic Production of Sterile Oral Rehydration Solutions - an economic, low-technology method, Trop Doctor, 1993, 23, 69-72. This paper indicates that the method can be used for producing other types of sterile fluids).

Some of these are available on the Medtech site and on the Medtech CD. RQD also covers making IV solutions in his seminars.

https://medtech.syrene.net/forum/

Note that there were some Czech glass IV bottles in 500ml available from SG that had a screw on top - looks like I got the last 1 doz of these - if anyone knows of an additional source, please let me know. The stoppers and caps on these does limit re-usablitity to an extent for these, if more cannot be obtained...

-t

Tangent,

Do you have a URL for the IV Bottle company. No response yet from the email.

Thanks
    WB
    WolfBrother

People you take care of never want to hear you say "Dang!!! Look at that!".

Any/all article's posted are reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

WB - check your PM.

how do you like the scope?

-t

Tangent,
    Have worked my way down from the American Optical HQ thru Leica (who took over the microscope stuff) to the local guy.

Took it to him. At present he's busy handling the "back to school" contacts from teachers/administrators who either need parts, maintenance, or new microscopes RFN.

He said he'd check through his boxes of "OLD" stuff to get me an eyepiece and objective lenses. And possibly a light.

Will let you know how it turns out.
    WolfBrother

Any/all article's posted are reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Tech Equipment Sales
    1200 Markley Street
    Norristown, PA 19401
    610-279-0370
    610-279-0312 (fax)

-t

> He said he'd check through his boxes of "OLD" stuff to get me an eyepiece and objective lenses. And possibly a light.

there are a lot of co's that sell used/surplus microscope equip - don't get hung up on a local. you might get a deal, you might pay out the nose. More likely the latter. SHOP ARROUND!

It's better to get a micrometer and ask for a spceific dimention and thread size and thread count (objectives) vs asking for pieces to a specific scope. These things are widely interchangable. For the eyepiece - I belive 28mm (26mm?) is the standard for AO., thread size is likewise most probably standard...

asking for parts from a particular model is asking to pay out the nose...

as to the light - forget it. you are better off with the mirror. you can use any light source for the mirror.

-t

re: URL for IV bottles - sorry - contact info of phone/US snail is the same as above. Here is the URL:

http://www.tech-equip.com/

-t

As to the RFN end - if he's an old guy who loves scopes - see about takeing it in to him and picking his brain about maintenence and scopes while he does it or guides you through doing it...

If he's a $$$ grabber, shop arround - you CAN find a guy that loves optics and would love to share a few hours talking about how to clean um and all sorts of other related stuff! - BE A SPONGE! - find the right guy, even if he's not from the "right" company...

-t

As to the RFN end - if he's an old guy who loves scopes - see about takeing it in to him and picking his brain about maintenence and scopes while he does it or guides you through doing it...

I left the scope with him. When he gets caught up, he's going to look through his boxes of "OLD" stuff for eyepiece & objective lenses.

When we made contact, he explained that it would take some time to look through his boxes. He also explained that due to schools being out of money at the end of the school year and having money at the start, this time of year is his busiest.

I do plan on getting a maintenance lesson or two.

WB
    WolfBrother

> he explained that it would take some time to look through his boxes.

Why does this guy sound like me!!! (or RR!)

hopeless packrat speaking here...

;)

-t
    Last edited by tangent; 08-17-05 at 11:01.