Thread: Need a centrifuge for blood/urine samples

Need a centrifuge for blood/urine samples

Hi Everyone,

We are in need of a new centrifuge for spinning blood and urine. One of my students thought it would be really cool to see what would happen if she didn't release the lock but just pull up on the lid!! The repair shop said they were not able to locate a replacement part(?), so I am now trying to find a new/old one we can use. It will be for training purposes only for a medical assisting program. I checked E-bay and came up empty, I didn't see one listed here, so I am hoping that maybe someone has one somewhere that will still work and they don't need anymore or someone knows of someone who does. If you do, please email me at my "official school addy": mlarsen@apcschool.edu

Thank you,
    Buffalomary

To know how to do something, but never needing to do it,
    is better than needing to do something and not knowing how!

What broke?

More for the interest of thinking about solutions to problems that arise, I wonder about fabricating the part, particularly if it's metal. It probably won't be cost effective in dollar costs, but it might be cost effective in learning and teaching.

Is there a way you could post one or more pictures someplace?

There are also used medical equipment dealers that might have something. They may or may not be on the web.

http://www.labx.com/

hmmm...E-Bay_only_has_209_centrifuges_now...why_didn't_u_fi nd_them?
    (space_key_is_messed_up)_:(

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...tSearch=Search

-t