Thread: Survival, Disaster and Tactical Medicine Book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi

Thanks for your comments, ill take them all on board. If anybody else has a copy please comment always looking too improve the text.

You are right it should state 14/21 units a week. I had probably incorrectly assumed the measurement was international but may well be UK only.

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/tips-and-tools/drink-diary/

"(3-4 alcohol units a day (equivalent to a pint and a half of 4% beer) and a woman should not regularly exceed 2-3 units a day (equivalent to a 175ml glass of 13% wine)"

Would you mind putting a ratting and review on the Lulu site please.

A few earlier copies went out without page numbers this has now been fixed, sorry if you got one of those.

THanks

Chris

I got a copy with page numbers.

4% beer? interesting....

Scratching my brain here, but I remember this is often state based, I think 2.6% vs 6% and one is OK to sell to a 18yo while the other is ok to sell to 21yo+ but it depends on the state. Thing is, they are basically identical. One is by weight, the other by volume. Idiotic gvmt regs....

Yeah, I'll leave you a good reply on Lulu

Thanks for writing this!

-t
    Last edited by tangent; 05-18-11 at 13:36.

Review:

I got my copy yesterday and am very impressed with it! Yes, it needs a few tweaks, but it will teach you a lot. So far I have just glanced through it and in that brief review I learned a few things. I've been in the biz. There is valuable information in this text and I recommend it to anyone. It is both useful to the novice, but the experienced medic will also gain helpful insights from it. Recommended!

On Beer... I unfortunately do not have a can of it on hand, but I think they are 8 fluid ounces. Maybe it's 10 or 12. I believe there are also 14-16oz cans that are marketed as "tall" cans - hay this is the US and we are weird here... We also are generally not metric.

I have a bottle and it reads 12 fluid ounces.

I also have an "oil can" of Fosters which is an AU beer, but I think brewed in the US, that is not your average can... (It's HUGE) and reads: 25.4 fluid ounces, 750 ml, one pint 9.4 Fl OZ

Cans of Foster are not your normal beer in this country - normal cans are more like a soda size can. These are tall and wide - AND TASTY!

Just FYI!

-t
    Last edited by tangent; 05-18-11 at 13:47.

Thanks have changed text slightly and revised edition on line. Also created storefront see http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/survivalmedic

ordered thanks
    pa4ortho

Wilderness and Survival Medicine (Version 2 of Book)

A much improved and expanded second version of my book co-written with Dr Craig Ellis is now available from http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/survivalmedic

Also Amazon Book and Kindle version available, should be available via Paladin Press too on the 16th Jan

Have done a more general patient assessment book too

And am on the look out for more suggestions and material for future editions