Hi pa4ortho and reasonable rascal

Thanks for posting, your reply has helped.
Bette has let her problem go and never told me about it until it was to late. She has stage 4 breast cancer and it is has gotten into her lymph nodes and is in her head. I don’t know how long she has. I was completely blindsided. I am being blamed for not taking her to a Dr sooner by her family and the er doctor. I never knew, as soon as I found out I took her to the Hospital. I don’t know how to take care of her but I will do the best I can. She is in quite a bit of pain, and the darn medications are quite expensive. I don’t know how to dress a wound but am learning. The cancer erupted from her breast and the wound is the size of 4 quarters side by side. But she has small sores all over her shoulder and side of her head. My goal is to make her as comfortable as I can and be there for her. She starts radiation next week. I don’t think any of the wounds are going to heal up. I am trying to keep them as clean and covered as I can. She is already experiencing a personality change.

I don’t understand how you are describing the bandage but it is nice to talk to someone. It seems easier with a stranger, and you are empathetic and it is appreciated. I am very angry and hurt she chose not to tell me. She is 68 and I am 67 and I can’t move her at all. Sort of a bad back. The nurses at the hospital said if it gets to be too much to bring her back.

Thanks.

Dave